What is Asthma ?
If you are wondering What is Asthma then here is some information about Asthma for you. Asthma is Greek word for “panting or short breath”. It is an allergic condition resulting from reaction of allergens. As a result of which an asthma patient gets frequent attacks of breathlessness in between when he may be completely normal.
Causes and Symptoms :
Difficulty in breathing out rather than breathing in. In Addition this is caused by spasms or sudden involuntary muscular contractions of smaller air passages in the lungs. Moreover the effect is to blow the lungs up because one cannot drive the air out of lungs. Most asthmatics have breathing problem in the night or early morning.
Above all, Asthma is mostly caused by weather conditions, air, allergens, perfumes and other irritants.
Further, Allergies to dust is most common.
Foods to avoid Asthma :
Most importantly, Foods which generally cause allergic reactions are fish, sea food, wheat , eggs, milk, chocolates, beans.
Psychological effect :
Firstly, Most of the asthmatics have psychological conditions and develop deep sense of emotional security. Secondly, Young asthmatics feel deep intense need of parental love and affection.
Facts in short :
Do you know that India has an estimated 1.5-2 crore asthmatics and 61% of expenditure is on medication itself. Pills and inhalers and various procedures. The sales of anti-asthma medicines in India went up 43% over the past four years.
Home Remedies :
- Honey : 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey in milk or water daily can thin the mucus and help in respiration. Inhaling the air coming out of honey jar filled with honey can give one hour relief.
- Fig : For two months daily clean 3-4 dried figs and soak in water overnight. Have them early in the morning empty stomach.
- Lemon : Take lemon juice mixed with water along with meals to get good results
- Ginger : A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mixed with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste acts as an excellent expectorant for asthma. The decoction can be made by mixing fenugreek seeds (methi dana in hindi) with water and honey. Take this twice in a day – morning and evening
- Mustard oil : During attack if mustard oil mixed with camphor is massaged on the back then it eases breathing
- Copper vessel : Drink water kept in copper vessel overnight.
Diet should include limited quantity of carbohydrates , fats and proteins which are acid forming foods. In other words, You should eat more of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, sprouted seeds and grains. That is to say, You should avoid rice,sugar,curd and lentils. You should also avoid tea, coffee, pickle and sauces.
Air, sun and water are great healing agents. Regular fasting once a week, regular breathing exercise, correct posture, dry climate, light exercise go a long way in curing asthma.
Air Purifiers help a great deal in giving optimum relief in Asthma. To know more kindly read Why to use Air Purifier for Asthma
Smoke and Asthma
If there is a lot of smoke in your home coming from outside or generating inside home itself via kitchen or cigarettes then you can refer to our page Best Air Purifier for Smoke. And if anyone in your family has Asthma then you should be going through our Buying Guide to know All about Air Purifiers and Best Air Purifier for Asthma
If you are concerned with various issues like mold, odor, dust, asthma and such issues then you should be going through following Guides on our site.
Best Air Purifier for Asthma
Best Air Purifier for Allergies
Best Air Purifier for Mold
Best Air Purifier for Dust
Best Car Air Purifier
Top 10 Best Budget Air Purifier in India
Cheap Air Purifier in India
Best Air Purifier for Smoke
Best Air Purifier for Baby Room
Top 10 Best Air Purifier for Diwali in India